Latitude Festival Volunteering
Join the Green MessengersThese volunteer positions help work the recycling initiatives throughout the festival. You need to be full of energy, not mind getting your hands dirty and are a passionate recycler.
You will do some or all of the following:
• Be stationed at the sets of recycling bins throughout the campgrounds telling people what bin to put their recycling in. You will be armed with a litter picking stick and be required to pick out the wrong stuff that gets thrown in the wrong bin when you are not looking. You may also do some litter picking around the roadway your bin’s stationed on. Daytime shifts only.
• Be part of our Recycle Exchange team. You will receive bags of cans and other rubbish from the campers and encouraging them separate their waste responsibly. You will need to be a bit bossy as well as nice for this job as you will have to make the people pick out any ‘contaminants’ from the bags they bring back.
• Be part of our Compost Crew. These will be highly sought after arena jobs, so volunteers will need to jump through a few hoops to get put on this role. The Compost Crew will rove around the arena with a handy hoop and a litter picking stick working as mobile compost bins. This is so people don’t have to sit in other’s squished kebabs and also so we capture the estimated 70% of compostable waste produced in the arena ends up as compost and not as methane puffing out of a landfill. OK, so not such a glamorous job, but you will get to hear the bands.
• Hand out bin bags to people on arrival.
• Tell the campers about the recycling initiatives, especially promoting the idea of packing their camping gear down and taking it home.
• Staffing Tent Recycling points on the Monday morning.
• Working in the sorting area to re-pack all the donated gear.
• Salvaging and scavenging good quality re-usable gear that’s left in the campsites, to go to charity and community organisations.
You need to be:
• Over 18 years at the time of the festival.
• Be willing to pay a shift deposit of £234 in advance which will be refunded one month after the festival, assuming you complete your shifts. (Please note we will refund you £225 as £9 is a non refundable PayPal fee).
• Have approval to work in the UK if not an EU citizen (holiday work permits are OK).
• Work 24 hours, on shifts allocated by us, between the Wednesday before the show and Tuesday after the show. (When applying to work as a Green Messenger, please state your preferred working days, we will try to accommodate your request. However, please be advised that the allocation of all shifts will be at the discretion of the Green Messengers’ Team).
• Arrive on site Wednesday morning before 12pm
You will camp in crew camping with access to hot showers, and nice loos.
You won’t get any free meals though, sorry.
To apply please click HERE (“HERE” to have an hyperlink to the application form)
Once you have submitted your application please click the button below to pay.